POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Exoplanet W.I.P. : Re: Exoplanet W.I.P. Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Exoplanet W.I.P.
From: Frank
Date: 8 Jan 2004 10:50:08
Message: <web.3ffd7bcba8082336606ff9980@news.povray.org>
>Maybe something to clearly differentiate it from Earth? A tint to the
>sunlight, maybe? Rings? Moons?

I think Mr. Huff is onto something here.  Your palette is very earthy.
Break free from carbon based worlds!  Earth skies are blue because that's
the way the Earthly atmosphere refracts sunlight from a single yellowish
star.  What of a binary star system?  Yes, it's unlikely, but very cool
none the less.  What of gravity?  A less massive world might be much more
vertical, free from some of our drab gravity.  When you sit down, think
nitrogen based.  Think silicon based.  Free your mind from carbon based
thought!  This sounds fun, now I may have to try it  :)

Frank